Monday, April 1, 2013

weekend recap.

It's SPRING BREAK!
Can I get a hallelujah?!
It's been a pretty low-key start my break.

We kicked it off by spending some time together Friday before heading to Good Friday service at church. It was amazing.
I cried.
But I do that every year, so it's not really a big deal.

Then I decided to officially kick off spring by doing a little bit of Spring Cleaning on Saturday.
And when I say "little," I'm being serious. It was just a little.
Don't want to do anything top straining during Spring Break, of course.

I'm not showing the "befores" out of respect to myself, but I'm sure you can imagine...especially if you know me.
I decided to organize my makeup drawer.
I got out all my makeup...then decided I needed to downsize a bit, since I had no clue I had that much.



























PS. This isn't even all of it. I eventually found a whole other makeup bag buried deep in our bathroom cupboard. It had makeup from freshman year of high school in there. Not kidding...there was a Mary-Kate and Ashley glitter eyeliner. I promptly threw it away.

After I got rid of quite a bit of makeup, I spent a very long time cleaning out the rest of my drawer. It's amazing how much stuff can fit in a tiny drawer.
It's also amazing how much stuff I found that I thought was lost forever.
Even more amazing still, is the fact that I found about 357 bobby pins. Score!

Here's the end result.



































It's been two days and the drawer STILL looks like this.
Anyone wanna take bets on how long this will actually last?

After the drawer, it was time for the cupboard.
Or is this a cabinet?
Or a closet.
Whatever.
AN ENTIRE TRASH BAG FULL later, here's what I had.




































Then after all that, I figured it was time to go shopping...duh.
Actually it was grocery shopping.
But the "problem" Ty insists I have made itself present that day.
The "problem" is that apparently if I go into a store, I can't leave without buying something for myself.
Doesn't seem like a problem to me...but whatever :)

I came home (after calling and getting permission!) with these babies.






































































TWO pairs of shoes for $34 bucks?!
Go WalMart.

Oh yeah...I also wore an owl shirt that day.
Duh.



So anyway, that brings us to Sunday.
Easter.
We went to church and then spent the day with Ty's family.
Including our precious Godson, Bentlee.




































Yes. We match.
And no. It wasn't planned.

And then we stopped by my parents' on the way home to drop off some Easter flowers, and chat for a bit.
Then it was home to enjoy a relaxing evening.
I may or may not have watched Beauty and the Beast while Ty was working out downstairs.
Don't judge.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment