Saturday, April 20, 2013

brown noser. suck up. teacher's pet.

Wednesday.
After recess.
We were walking back upstairs to our classroom, when I hear a commotion behind me.
Apparently, one of my little boys had taken it upon himself to pull down a little girl's pants.
All the way.
Down to her ankles.

Well.
Let's just say that little boy got into a LOT of trouble.
With me...and in the office...and at home.

The next day, I gave my students a writing prompt during Writer's Workshop.
"If Mrs. Miller gave me $100 I would..."

This is what I got in response from the naughty little pants-puller:


"If Mrs. Miller gave me $100, I would buy two dogs and three cats and I would give Mrs. Miller some of my money to be nice to Mrs. Miller because Mrs. Miller is the best teacher on Earth. Mrs Miller you are the best teacher. I never saw a teacher like you Mrs. Miller. I love you Mrs. Miller. You the best teacher ever. From (student's name). I love you and can you tell Mr. Miller you're the best ever?"

I think it's safe to say that this kid felt like he had some sucking up to do after that bad choice he made the day before. 
And...it MIGHT have worked.
Just a little :)

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment