Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 goals.

(I've been wearing LIPSTICK on the weekends...wait, what?!" Color on my lips?!")


As I get older, I realize that I don't really like New Year's resolutions. For me it's like, "Hey...I'll SAY that I'm gonna do ________, but in reality I'm just gonna do the same old stuff I do every other year."

So I don't want to make a concrete resolution. But I will give myself a couple goals to work toward this year.

1. Make healthier choices.
I was general on purpose. I didn't want to say "lose weight." I didn't want to say "drop x amount of dress sizes." I didn't want to say "no more sweets." Because those goals overwhelm me. Making healthier choices allows me to take baby steps. Maybe it's only eating half of the cookie. Or eating pasta only 2 times a week instead of 12...who knows? If I take those baby steps, I'll be much more likely to attain other aspects of being healthier...like losing weight or dress sizes.

2. Get a bonus at work.
I did it last year. I'm hopeful that I can do it again this year. I feel confident that I continue to get better at teaching kindergarten each year. I love researching and finding new ways to teach old material. I'm so excited for the 3rd quarter to start in a few weeks. It's when we learn to read!

3. Save up money.
Ty and I each get a bi-weekly "allowance." This is our money to do with what we please. Now normally, that money burns a hole in my pocket and I spend it as soon as it's handed to me. This year, I have a few purchases that I'd like to make that are a bit more expensive than a sweater from Target. And as much as I REALLY want that sweater, there are things I'd like to save that money for. And sweaters in my closet that I could wear instead.

There are other things I'd like to accomplish in 2015, but I don't want to go overboard. These are 3 goals that I should easily be able to work toward and reach. If I make too many more, I'll fail myself. So we'll stick with these, and anything else will just be a bonus.

Bring it 2015. I'm ready for ya!

xoxo, wife.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Lisa, I'm sure that you will achieve the goals that you set for yourself.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete