Saturday, January 10, 2015

dear husband,




Thanks for doing all the "crap" stuff. You know, all those things that I say are "the man's job."

Thanks for snowblowing in the sub-zero temps.
For pulling the hair out of the drain in the tub.
For calling plumbers or anyone else who has to come out and work on stuff at the house.
For getting the mail when it's raining or snowing.
Thanks for paying the bills and student loans.
For mowing and trimming.
For changing lightbulbs...especially the ones over the garage door. So it's not dark when I come home at night.
For fixing things that need fixed...or hanging things that need to be hung. Basically doing anything that requires a tool of some sort.

I was thinking the other day that if God forbid anything ever happened to you, I wouldn't have any clue how to take care of myself. Sure, I could clean the house, and buy groceries and stuff. But the house would crumble around me.

I guess I just want to say thanks for taking such good care of me. Those "crap" jobs are sucky. And I know it. But I appreciate that you do them anyway...because you know you're supposed to. Because that's one way that you provide for our family. I want you to know that when you do all those "man jobs" I feel cared for. I love you and I love that you do all these things (and more) for us.

xoxo, wife.

1 comment: