Thursday, January 29, 2015

ice ice baby

You're welcome for getting that song stuck in your head now.

I got a lovely text at 6:22 this morning that school was cancelled due to icy roads. Apparently there was a decent amount of freezing rain last night that left a layer of ice on everything. This was fabulous, as it was just about time for me to roll out of bed and shuffle lazily into the bathroom to get ready for work.

So I rolled over and shared the good news with Husband, who grumbled his response in jealousy. We cuddled in bed until he had to get up, and then I went back to sleep on the couch when he left. I can't say that I've been super productive today. I got a little work done for school, and write down a big to-do list of all the ideas I've had in my head the last few days pertaining to school. Other than that, I've worked on getting my 10,000 steps in for the day and got some quality TV time in.

And I've thoroughly enjoyed spending some time with this nugget today.




That little white nose...gets me every time!

That makes this the 4th day of school that's been cancelled this year. And it's not even February yet. We've officially used up all our days, and are giving up professional development days in the spring now too. Any more days we miss will have to be made up. So as much as I love surprise days off like this, I'd prefer not to have any more. I have over 20 days of personal time that I can use if I desperately need some time off.

Until next time,
xoxo wife

1 comment: