Thursday, July 14, 2011

Before He Said "I Love You."



These were the first 3 pictures Ty and I ever took together...way back when I was 19 and he was 20.

-Before he ever kissed me after a long day of work.
-Before he carried me across a huge rain puddle at the movie theater.
-Before he knew I was the pickiest eater on the planet.
-Before he came all the way to my work (45 minute drive) just to sit and watch me wait tables til I got off and could hang out.
-Before the first time he kicked my butt in putt-putt.
-Before I first realized that he is a sore loser at Scrabble.
-Before he ever bought me any jewelry.
-Before he knew about my shopping addiction.
-Before he gave me my favorite teddy bear that I still sleep with at night.
-Before he ever played with my hair as I fell asleep.
-Before I cooked for him the first time.
-Before I knew that October meant only one thing: Hunting.
-Before I talked to him all night on the phone, until 6am when he was working nighttime security.
-Before he taught me what an "error" was in baseball.
-Before the first time I ever rode on the back of his motorcycle.
-Before I stopped pretending that I liked "boy" movies like 300.
-Before he wrote me a poem.
-Before we ever fought about something stupid.
-Before he helped me pass my college math class (by .01%).
-Before the first time he saw me cry.
-Before I knew he mimics the facial expressions of people while he watches tv.
-Before he painted my toenails...and I pretended he did a great job (even though he didn't).
-Before we rode dune buggies and I almost cried, died, and peed my pants.
-Before I knew I would have to root for the Packers for the rest of my life.
-Before we smelled each other's morning breath.
-Before he ever told me how cute he thinks I am when I'm sleeping in the mornings.
-Before he showed me that there are things besides rides at the 4H Fair.
-Before he realized I hog the covers and don't share my pillow.
-Before I took him to Wrigley Field when he turned 25.
-Before we bought our first home.
-Before we knew we'd be together forever and ever, amen.


I am so thankful for all the "befores" that have led to this incredible "after." I can't wait to look back on a picture of us when we're in our 40's or 50's and think back to all the "befores" that we have yet to experience together. I love you so much, Ty, and I am so blessed to be able to spend the rest of my life with you.
-Love, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment