Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Hooplah...And a Broken Camera (For Real This Time)

Since I was probably 5 years old, my parents and I have gone to Coveleski Stadium to watch a baseball game and fireworks a few days before the 4th. Once Hubs and I started dating, he began coming with us. This year was no different.

They lost the game (bad), but we had fun and the fireworks were awesome.


On the 4th, we had a cookout at my parents and our own display of fireworks (which I must say, was WAY better than at the game.) Ty and I spent our life savings on our contribution to the show, and this is what we returned with:

Notice how happy he is? There's something about buying explosives that seems to make men very happy :)


We ate some yummy food, and then were treated to a "professional" football game. This was one of the highlights.

My dad was clearly trying to sack the QB, {while yelling and waving his arms around like a banshee}. Look how scared Ty was of the intimidating banshee!

WARNING: The next part of the story is VERY upsetting. Do not read of you are easily moved to tears.
 After the game, we all sat on the deck to rest and wait for it to get dark enough for the fireworks. I decided that in the spirit of Independence Day, Hubs and I should take a patriotic picture. Ty insisted that he take it himself.

I'm not the biggest fan of self-portraits, so I then asked my dad to take a picture from a little further away (big mistake.) Ty handed the camera to my dad, and somehow, in transition, my camera fell onto the deck with a loud CRASH. {And that is how my camera's life came to an end.}
It will not work at all anymore. This is not a mere issue of a full memory card. *Tear*
The camera will travel with me to the camera hospital later this week, where surgery will hopefully be performed and "Cammy" will be saved. Until then, the show had to go on, and my mom filled in with a picture of me and Ty with our sparklers, ready to kick off our awesome fireworks show.

The fireworks were awesome (which was good since we spent so much money on them.) And it was kind of like a tribute to "Cammy," who would have definitely loved to capture some of the magnificent explosions. 

**Updates of "Cammy's" health will be forthcoming.
***No fathers or husbands were harmed due to camera death.

No comments:

Post a Comment