Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Newest Grilling Chef

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
After almost 24 years, I have officially grilled for the first time in my life!
(not by choice originally, but Hubs didn't seem into grilling a meal I'd prepared by myself...)

Since we've been married, I've been trying to broaden my horizons in the cooking department.
(but I'd been seriously slacking lately.)
So yesterday I decided to prepare a nice meal for Ty before Game 1 of his softball tournament began.

On the Menu:
Garlic and Herb Chicken
Grilled Garlic Potatoes
(ok...probably sounds like a lot of garlic, but it wasn't really, so ignore that part.)




Did I mention I grilled all by myself for the first time ever?! Woo Hoo!

Since Hubs is an avid hunter, he doesn't rate his meals in stars, or points or anything like that.
No way. He rates meals in terms of "bullet holes."
(I think its weird too, but just go with it.)
Wanna know what this meal was given?
4 out of 5 bullet holes.
Not too shabby for this little lady who's never grilled before.

 
Move over Food Network stars...I'll be collecting all your paychecks before too long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment