Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The New Hobby.

I've gotten very obsessed with reading blogs lately.
(But since I still have 3 weeks of summer vacation left, its ok.)
I like to read a lot of the fashion blogs, and have seen a lot of really cute stuff lately...
especially crocheted stuff.
I love all the headbands, wristlets, and other cute crocheted things that you can buy from these blogs.
I was looking around yesterday, and found a few things I wanted to buy, when I thought to myself, "I could totally make that myself...and not have to pay shipping."
I figured I needed a new hobby anyway, so last night, I went to Hobby Lobby (cue hallelujah music) with Hubs in tow, to get supplies for my new hobby.
When we got home, I got to work.
I had my I Taught Myself to Crochet book, my laptop with youtube videos, and I was all set.
Except...it wasn't so easy. 
After an hour of grunting, rewinding videos, and the occasional swear word, I proudly displayed my first row.
Then I had to add a second row...ugh.
Now, that was tough. Then a third row, which was tougher.
Hubs told me I looked cute...concentrating and all that. Whatever.
When I was finished (3 hours later), this was what I came up with:
Notice its a triangle, and not a square?
Yeah, I don't know what happened.
But I will continue to persevere and perfect my new hobby.
Soon, everyone in my family will have a wonky, crocheted triangle!
But on the plus side, look at my cute supplies basket!
Now that my stuff looks professional, I have a professional aura around me, and I think my next few attempts at my new hobby will be much more successful. Maybe I'll be able to make a square today...or tomorrow.

Or someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment