Monday, July 25, 2011

Seriously?

Wanna play a game? Take a guess what this used to be.
If you guessed that it was the 2nd cutting board to fall victim to the dangers of my dishwasher, (darn thing)
you'd be right.
Apparently, I fell asleep in Physics the day Newton's Law was taught that said, "What goes in the dishwasher as a nice, wooden cutting board, must come out as a mangled piece of crap."
The first wooden cutting board was slowly bent over time into what looked like a half-pipe at the skate park.
And we're not big on skateboarding around here, so we threw it out, and I purchased the cutting board seen above. (Except that it was whole then.)
I specifically went and got one that was a lot thicker than the first one, because I didn't want what happened last time to happen again. 
It even had a cool little "moat" around it where the meat juices could run.
I've literally had this thing like 2 weeks.
So today, I open the dishwasher to put the dishes away like a good little wife, and what do I find inside?
My nice new cutting board...in 4 pieces.
Seriously?
Am I the only one that had no clue that you can't put a wooden cutting board in the dishwasher?
Mom, why didn't you ever teach me this?
Apparently, I'm going to have to find a "Super Cutting Board" made out of granite, or quartz, or something equally as hearty.
One from somewhere like Crate and Barrel or somewhere expensive like that, and not from Walmart, which may or may not have been where I purchased mine.
Oh well.
On the bright side, I now have a puzzle that a 6 month old could complete in a matter of seconds.
RIP Cutting Board. The two times I used you were grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment