I thought it would be fun to have Ty and I make a list to fit a topic (that I choose, of course,) once a week. For this first week, I picked: What would you need to survive on a deserted island? Here are our lists:
- Fishing tackle.
- A Pot that can boil water
- a Tarp
- Spool of rope or twine
- Compass…. . . to find my way, but also to use as a reflective device to signal ships.
- bow and arrow. . . I can use it to hunt and protect myself
- a backpack for collecting food and firewood.
- A change of clothes.
And here is my list:
1. Ty. Mainly because I love him, and I cannot imagine why I would be in the position to be stranded on a deserted island without him. But he would also be a guaranteed hunter/gatherer/fisher, shelter builder, bug squisher, fire builder, and scary animal keeper awayer.
- My Kindle Fire. With an unlimited battery supply. And wifi. Deserted islands have wifi, right?
- Sunscreen. Because I’m hoping that if I were stuck on a deserted island, it would be a warm and sunny one. I would love the tan, but definitely don’t wanna be getting burned and end up turning into “Leather Woman.”.
- My iPod. Again with unlimited battery…. . . and maybe an iHome to play it on. That only counts as one item, right?
- Soap. If Ty’s gonna be out there on the deserted island with me, I gotta keep myself smelling fresh, right? (He’ll probably definitely need some too. . . hopefully it’s a humongous bar.)
- Cute clothes, shoes, and jewelry. Duh. .
- Macaroni and cheese. Since I wouldn’t eat pretty much anything Ty would be hunting and gathering (like bugs, mice, jellyfish, and whatnot) I would need my favorite food to nourish my body. Which I guess means that I would need milk and butter too. Which means that I would need a cooler. Again, that all counts as one item, right?
- A refridgerator. . . preferably a full-size one. It’ll keep my milk and butter cool, and will provide me with a place to crawl inside of when I get hot. . .because I’m not very friendly when I get too hot.
- My pillow. I’m not about to sleep with my head on the ground. I don’t need roaches crawling in my hair.
- And lastly, my phone. . . .with cell service of course. Because I’m pretty sure that about 15 minutes of being stranded on a deserted island with me, Ty would need to call someone to come and rescue us before he killed me.
What would you “need” if you were stranded on a deserted island?