Thursday, April 12, 2012

his and hers: what would you need to survive on a deserted island?




I thought it would be fun to have Ty and I make a list to fit a topic (that I choose, of course,) once a week. For this first week, I picked: What would you need to survive on a deserted island? Here are our lists:


       
        Ty
  1. Machete
  2. Fishing tackle.
  3. A Pot that can boil water
  4. a Tarp
  5. Spool of rope or twine
  6. matches
  7. Compass…. . . to find my way, but also to use as a reflective device to signal ships.
  8. bow and arrow. . . I can use it to hunt and protect myself
  9. a backpack for collecting food and firewood.
  10. A change of clothes.

And here is my list:

1.          Ty. Mainly because I love him, and I cannot imagine why I would be in the position to be stranded on a deserted island without him. But he would also be a guaranteed hunter/gatherer/fisher, shelter builder, bug squisher, fire builder, and scary animal keeper awayer.
  1. My Kindle Fire. With an unlimited battery supply. And wifi. Deserted islands have wifi, right?
  2. Sunscreen. Because I’m hoping that if I were stuck on a deserted island, it would be a warm and sunny one. I would love the tan, but definitely don’t wanna be getting burned and end up turning into “Leather Woman.”.
  3. My iPod. Again with unlimited battery…. . . and maybe an iHome to play it on. That only counts as one item, right?
  4. Soap. If Ty’s gonna be out there on the deserted island with me, I gotta keep myself smelling fresh, right? (He’ll probably definitely need some too. . . hopefully it’s a humongous bar.)
  5. Cute clothes, shoes, and jewelry. Duh. .
  6. Macaroni and cheese. Since I wouldn’t eat pretty much anything Ty would be hunting and gathering (like bugs, mice, jellyfish, and whatnot) I would need my favorite food to nourish my body. Which I guess means that I would need milk and butter too. Which means that I would need a cooler. Again, that all counts as one item, right?
  7. A refridgerator. . . preferably a full-size one. It’ll keep my milk and butter cool, and will provide me with a place to crawl inside of when I get hot. . .because I’m not very friendly when I get too hot.
  8. My pillow. I’m not about to sleep with my head on the ground. I don’t need roaches crawling in my hair.
  9. And lastly, my phone. . . .with cell service of course. Because I’m pretty sure that about 15 minutes of being stranded on a deserted island with me, Ty would need to call someone to come and rescue us before he killed me.
What would you “need” if you were stranded on a deserted island?

No comments:

Post a Comment