Saturday, April 28, 2012

garage sale.


Being a teacher, I’m always on the lookout for cheap children’s books and stuff for my classroom. When I saw that there was a neighborhood garage sale near us that would be taking place today, I made plans to get up early and go check them out. And then I convinced Ty to come along too. (He wasn’t pumped about it at first, but he ended up with a cheap table saw, so he ended up being happy.)

 Well, while we were getting ready, it started to rain.

But not just any normal kind of rain. . . sleety, icy rain.

But we decided to brave the frigid temps and ice, and go anyway.

I actually found a couple sales with some awesome kids books. And I found a fun rack with bins to put scissors, glue sticks, crayons, etc in for the classroom.


And I may or may not have gotten a Coach purse for 5.00.

It also may or may not be real. . . but either way, it was 5.00.. . . AND its green!
It was totally worth braving the nast-o weather.

I’m now staying inside the rest of this rainy day doing laundry, writing May lesson plans, and reading/relaxing. I love you, Saturday. Thanks for being awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment