Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5 things you'd (MAYBE) be surprised to know about me.



  1. I was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) about 3 years ago. I used to have full-on panic attacks almost every single day. It often kept me from going places alone, and I even quit a job in college because of it. I suffered in silence for 2 years before talking to my family and Ty about it. I take medicine for it now, and have it like 98 percent under control :)
  2. I’m a terrible house-keeper, and that’s extremely embarrassing to admit. I have such a hard time keeping our house clean, because it doesn’t bother me that much when its dirty. I really do attempt to keep it clean, but its so hard, and after chasing little kids around all day, the last thing I want to do at 5:00 is clean a house. It is something that I’m trying to get better at though.
  3. I’ve always wanted kids, but I keep pushing back the age at which I want to have them. That magic age is now pushing 30. I love the idea of having children with Ty, but I can’t help but be a little selfish with how much I enjoy our life right now without kids. The freedom we have is something we’ll never get back after having children. And, I hate to admit it, but I don’t think I’d be a very good mom right now anyway. If something happens, it happens, but for now, we plan on waiting for the foreseeable future.
  4. I graduated with honors. 11th in my class. It was a small class (116ish), but I think 11 is pretty good. If you would have asked me that when I was 18, I would not have been so pleased. I was beyond TICKED that I was 11th. I worked my BOOTY off to make it to the top ten, and I didn’t get it! I know, I know, who cares, right? Well, I did. (Yep, I was one of those students.) But I now have the job that I always hoped I would get, and my principal did not once ask me about my GPA or class rank in high school, or what stinking diploma I graduated with. So apparently, it doesn’t really matter.
  5. I have an insane fear of doctors. Any kind of doctor. I don’t know where this irrational fear came from, but the moment I step into a doctor’s office, I can feel my pulse quicken and my blood pressure rise. In fact, there was one time during a routine checkup, that my heart rate and blood pressure was so high, they made me have an emergency EKG right there on the spot. (Clearly, that has done NOTHING to help my fear of doctors.) Everything looked fine, and my heart was totally healthy. . . turns out I was just incredibly nervous. Duh. I could’ve told you that. Ty thinks its absolutely ridiculous to be afraid of people who are trying to help you. I think its ridiculous too, but I can’t help the way my body reacts to it. I try to “yoga-breathe” or something silly like that in the waiting room, but that just makes me focus on how nervous I am and it makes it worse. I think I just have to accept that this is the way I am and deal with it. Hopefully I won’t go into cardiac arrest during my next physical.

And that’s some stuff about me :)
Not that you asked, but I answered anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment