I have exactly 14 school days left until summer vacation.
The summer bug has hit my students and I hard!
As much as I don’t want to give them away to another teacher, I’m ready for a break from the stress of my job.
So, since I’m longing for the lazy days of summer, I thought Ty and I would do a summer-themed his and hers today.
- Get a tan. Although I absolutely HATE to be hot, so depending on the temp, I might choose to stay inside with the air conditioning.
- Read. I do a lot of reading year-round, but I get some extra time over the summer. I rarely read books about education during the school year, so I like to use the summer to read those kinds of books and get my mind back in gear for the coming year.
- Shop. Duh.
- Have a bonfire. I enjoy sitting by a fire and roasting marshmallows. I don’t enjoy what I smell like afterwards, but that’s besides the point.
- Beach time. Not necessarily during the day though. My favorite thing is to head to the beach for sun set with my hubby for a beach picnic.
- Relax. My job can tend to be very exhausting, so summer vacation is the perfect time to rejuvenate before the next group of kinders shows up.
- Stay up later. I’m such an old lady sometimes. I’m one of those people who needs their 8 hours of sleep. I’ll be incredibly grumpy if I don’t get that, or sometimes more. So during the year, I go to bed early. Sometimes like 9pm. So I look forward to staying up a little later over the summer.
- Be on a boat on the water. I don’t necessarily care what kind of boat, or what water, I just love being there.
- Weekend get-aways. We did a couple last year and they were awesome. Its so fun to just get away and go someplace new.
- Ice-cream runs. We already did one last weekend. I love when its hot and we decide spur of the moment to run and get an ice cream. Ahhh.
- Get ready for the uncoming hunting season (preparation.)
- Play some softball.
- Go to the beach with my wife (and go to Oinks.)
- Ride my motorcycle.
- Dinners on the deck with Lisa.
- Landscaping. I actually get enjoyment out of it. Once its done I feel accomplished.
- Celebrate my wife’s birthday.
- Cubs baseball.
- Lazy Sunday afternoons. Or bonfires...can't believe I forgot that one.
Boy, this is all going to make the next 14 school days go by even slower!