Wednesday, May 2, 2012

grilling out


We’ve been out of propane for our grill since late fall.

We just haven’t gotten around to exchanging our empty tank for a new one.

A couple weeks ago, we had the back door open, and we heard a strange noise outside, sounding like it came from the grill.

Upon opening the grill, this is what I found.
Not to mention, that the same thing had happened a few days BEFORE (minus the eggs), and Ty cleaned out all the sticks and stuff.
In 3 days, they completely refilled the grill and laid their cute little blue eggs.
Now, I’m not much of a bird lover.
But I AM a baby lover.
So obviously, I didn’t want to hurt the eggs. I simply wanted to move them inside, incubate them, and raise them myself until they could fly off with their little wings that I helped them to develop.
Hubs wasn’t having it.
So instead, he threw the eggs off of our deck, and aborted the baby birds.
Dang.
Maybe it was for the better.
I’m fairly confident that my mothering skills for a HUMAN would not be up to par.
So I’m pretty sure that my mothering skills for a baby birdy would be even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment